Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Drum of Range Scrap

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have a line on a 55 gallon drum of what the scrapper is calling range scrap.
One of the guys at work bought one a year and a half ago for 40 cents a pound. He is a wake-boarder and uses it to weight the boat for a bigger wake.
He tells me to expect brass, jackets, and the occasional dud round (YOW!) in the drum. He also says it'll be in the neighborhood of 6-700 pounds.

I''m thinking that if I can get it for 50 cents a pound, I should come out pretty good when I recycle the brass and copper.
I would be open to splitting this with members in the Phoenix, AZ area if they're interested.

Am I all wet here?

dilly is offline Boolit Man Join DateFeb 2013LocationMissouriPosts91
I think it's a sound investment.

Spending money, adding work, and reselling for more money is basically what all of us do with our lives in some form or another.

Check to see if the local recycling place will accept, cartridge brass. Mine won't. The next on down the road will.
It will be a good investment. Plan on spending a LOT of time sorting that much. Several years ago I was going to buy a full barrel of brass from an indoor range but 2 of us could not move it!. I ended up buying half of the barrel and spent HOURS and HOURS sorting it. I burned up my big RCBS vibrator cleaning all of the brass.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment