Wednesday, June 26, 2013

what favored 40 brass for swaging?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Is there any brand 40 brass that is favored more than another for swaging?
MOcaster is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateJan 2013LocationSoutheast MissouriPosts51
Agulia is my favorite. I have used just about everything I have picked up except for I think four different headstamps. Those four headstamps are kept separate to reload, once I get a 9mm. I don't know why, but Agulia seems to be the softest after it is annealed. It could just be my imagination, but that's what I think.
The government can have all the guns and ammo, even assault rifles. But they are getting them one boolit at a time(or 30, if it is an AR).
For me it's what ever fits the weight I'm looking to fill. I sort all of my brass, thanks to Grumpa, in lots within one grain. 60-62, 62-64, so on and so forth. This allows me to keep the die set and crank through a batch of bullets. I have noticed with his BB tipped dies, 40-45, they die isn't as sensitive as say the 9mm to 40. The BB acts as a buffer almost, allowing you to use the brass without sorting by weight. This is what I've found, your mileage may vary.
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789]) Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
Benjamin Franklin
I use Blazer
they seem to have the tightest weight tolerance of the brands I choose NOT to use for reloading.
Jon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be offering the GC seater plate for the lyman 45.
Also I have replacement springs for the Lyman 45 lubesizer, If your's is weak or missing, let me know
I use them by weight and not by brand, if you ever weight sort a few thousand of them and look at the head stamps you'll notice that head stamp doesn't mean a whole bunch. I have mine sorted in bags of 1gr and I have up to 12 bags of different weights. WHY?? Early on I noticed variables when I swaged and weighing them seemed to solve most issues I was having.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment