I recently purchased a Puma Model 92 Bounty Hunter in .44-40 caliber. This is a replica of a cut down Winchester 1892 rifle and called a Mare's Leg. I would like to learn to cast my own bullets for Cowboy Loads. I have not slugged the bore but I did call Puma for the barrel specs. It is a pistol barrel 12 inches long, bore .423 and grooves .430 according to Puma.

My questions are, companies like RCBS offer two bullet molds for .44-40 CB. They are .428 and .430. They then offer two bullet sizers, one for .427 and another for .428. What advice can you give regarding selection of bullet molds and sizers? I am using 6.2 grains of Trail Boss powder and getting 952 fps muzzle velocity through my chronograph. RCBS also offer two different bullet lubes. Any advice on which one would be best? Thanks for the help!