Saturday, May 25, 2013

Need some info on a Lyman base heater!

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Can anyone here help me with info on the Lyman "plate type" base heater? I need to know how many amps they draw , I want to wire a rheostat in line to control the heat output . Any help is appreciated. And I guess the most important thing is has it been attempted before , Namely with a heavy duty industrial fan switch. Thanks in advance.
Mine just has a light switch dimmer, crude but functional.
Mine just has a light switch dimmer, crude but functional.That is precisely what I am looking to do , but want to be sure that the rheostat that I have will handle the draw. It is rated for 2 amps min and 9 amps max.
I don't own one, but it shouldn't be more than 1080 watts, which is 9 amps at 120 volts.
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore
I use to use a drop light with a 25 watt bulb.

My new Lyman 4500 heater is rated at 20 watts.
I find no need for a controller. It doesn't get that hot.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.

Where is John Galt?

(If you don't know, you owe it to yourself to find out. )
.

I've got one of the Lyman heaters, it came on the bottom of my $7.50 450. Honestly, I have never plugged it in. There are absolutely no markings on it that I can see, unless they are under the 450 or the layer of cork gasket on the bottom. I have no way of measuring amperage draw right now.

Robert

I use a dimmer switch too. No idea what the rating on it is. It works.
According to law, any electrical device is supposed to have its amperage draw, or at least its wattage displayed. Can't believe the info isn't out there somewhere, but if you can't find it why not just call Lyman?
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment