Friday, May 24, 2013

RCBS lubrisizer die fit in my Lyman 45?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Everyone seems to be out of the Lyman dies I need, .452 and 9mm but I found some RCBS. Will they fit?
.22-10-45 is offline Boolit Master Join DateMar 2010LocationMichiganPosts531
They may..and they might not..On some, RCBS dies do not have the rounded groove for the Lyman 45 set screw to fit into.
They may..and they might not..On some, RCBS dies do not have the rounded groove for the Lyman 45 set screw to fit into.I think that eould be the top punch you are talking about. If he is asking about the sizing die then I have used both brands and not had a problem in my 450. I was told they will work just fine in either kf the models out there.
Change? Not this type. Can we just have a refund?
The 45 uses a set screw that holds the die in. The 450 and 4500 use a fine thread nut to hold the die in. The RCBS dies usually(!) work fine in a 450/4500 but not a 45.
Flat nose ($8) and conformal ($8.50) nose punches for SAECO- or Lyman/RCBS-style luber/sizers.

Saeco-to-Lyman/RCBS style nose punch adapters ($12)

Free S&H in USA on above items

Die retention nut drivers for Lyman and RCBS lubers. Start the nut straight every time! ($22+$5 S&H, shipping free w/purchase of two nose punches)

Email keiththeperfessor@gmail.com for more info.

A better product at a lower price, its the American way.

Personal checks, MOs, and PayPal accepted.

Learn something new wach day. I meant no disrespect on my previous statement. I had been told other wise and my experience is the only set screw is for the top punch.
Change? Not this type. Can we just have a refund?
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment