Saturday, May 25, 2013

smoke pole hunting with cast.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I don't know how long it will take, but eventually people will find out we aren't BSing them that the patched round ball is the projectile for traditional muzzle loaders...
Let's hold off on the part about using good ol' holy black, they won't believe that either. I upgraded my .45 Hawken to a Green Mountain .54 with a 1-66 twist. May have something to do with it. I have a Lee six-banger mould that will make a year's supply of RB's in no time.
All kidding aside the in-line rifles are probably a bit to fast in twist for RB's.
Life Member NRA, TSRA
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
quilbilly is offline Boolit Master Join DateDec 2009LocationQuilcene, WashingtonPosts907
I have always used my own cast boolits for my muzzleloaders. For deer I prefer patched round ball and for elk I prefer a 265 gr .429 boolit with sabot in my 50 cal. believe it or not, I prefer PRB for deer unless I am expecting shots over 150 yards because the sabotted semi wadcutters had too much penetration (little hole in, little hole out) so the deer didn't go down so quickly as with PRB unless I hit a major bone.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment