Thursday, May 2, 2013

12ga federal shells reloading

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Remington1134 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013Posts2

The general rule is "yes", but in my LIMITED shotshell experience, if it has a cardboard base wad (look down
inside) it will only survive a few loads, and the mouth will fail pretty soon, too. Also, you have to
find the right components, sometimes this can be tough if the shell is really not intended to be reloaded
because there may not be exact info on it. Finding correct wad for your shell and shot combo can
be a bit tricky.

The most info is out there for the target load specific shells which are designed to be reloaded, like the
Win AA.

Short version - probably will work, may only get 3-4 loads before it is worn out, may have to trial
and error.

Bill

If it was easy, anybody could do it.
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/default.aspYou can call these folks they have it all.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php
This is where I started my shotgun reloading good folks here.
Yes you can but doesn't sound like you have a shotshell reloading manual or hit Hodgdens or other site or you would probably already know. PLEASE look it up for proper components and don't rely on any board comments for safe loads.
NRA Life Member
Kansas Hunter Ed Instructor
NSCA Master Class / NSCA Certified Instructor
Two-Time Kansas State Open Team
Bill is right, they're not much good for repeated reloading, but.....that's OK.....they're EVERYWHERE! Nobody else picks them up so I can get as many as I want, load them once and leave them lay. Pick up the once fired ones your buddy left laying.

Plenty of data and components available. Anything from 3/4 oz to 1 1/4 oz loads.

Just make sure your loader sizes all the way to the rim. The Aluminum base can swell and cause some problems if not properly sized. (I've had the same problem with recent mfg. Win AA and Rem Gun Club hulls)

Jerry

Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!
Sparky141 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateFeb 2008LocationOhioPosts19
I do pretty much the same as KYCaster but I will load them 3 times then throw them away . I use a sharpie marker to put a stripe from the primer to the outside of the rim , when they are fired strike 3 they are out of there .

I also use them to load up shells for going pheasant hunting at the shooting preserve , that way I don't have to worry losing my good hulls .

I recommend getting Lymans Shotshell Handbook for loads of information on shotshells and loads from birdshot to buckshot to slugs.
if there Federal gold medal hulls ? yes they can be reloaded !
Looks like a Top Gun. Yes you can if so. Call Alliant powder and they will tell you what can be substituted in regard to hull brand. I load them, but the crimp is only so-so.
r1kk1 is offline Boolit Master Join DateJun 2007Posts513
I think Claybuster or maybe another company is doing a wad for promo hulls. The Top Gun is a straight hull with a paper base wad. I use a dowel marked to ck base wad height.

Take care

r1kk1

Remington1134 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013Posts2
i have this but cant find this one in the manual.
Looks like a Federal Gun Club hull. It'll have a paper basewad so if it's been wet I'd chuck em'. If not (wet) then for sure you can reload them. Like has been said, you won't get the reloads from them like a AA or Remington, but they make a good hunting load. More room inside as it's straight walled and not tapered. I reload them with 1 1/4oz with a federal 12s4 wad and get beautiful crimps. Actually better than the STS hulls...I'd take all I could get my hands on if they were cheap enough...I like em'..
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment