Saturday, May 18, 2013

7.62x39 hunting boolit suggestions

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

shredder is online now Boolit Master Join DateJan 2012LocationSaskatchewan CanadaPosts229

If a m1 garand is a battle rifle if you dont go in battle , then a sks can be a hog rifle if you ain't shot no hogsHa Ha exactly! It's the intent. I call mine a "deer rifle" even though I have not yet shown it a deer. Maybe this year.
Both my AK's are .3085" ... I size to .311
Shawn

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home."

Winston Churchill

badbob, the nose of that bullet doesn't look like it hit something sharp like the chamber edge. It looks like it hit inside the chamber rear section hard and at an angle.

PS: I've got a hog-huntin', fish-catchin' camping trip coming in a few days, for a few days, and due to truthful criticism, I must admit, I'm taking my SKS instead of the Contender I had planned to take. Headed out in the morning for a scoutin', firewood draggin'-up expedition.

Last edited by Junior1942; Yesterday at 02:48 PM.
Perhaps the Yugo is in some way unique compared to other SKS variants? Perhaps the type of magazine makes a difference? Perhaps your load cycles the action at a different speed than the ammo that I tried?

I have noticed that the Yugo guns often need a little more powder to get them to cycle compared to other guns. Also, I noticed that the surplus Yugo ammo seemed a tad on the warm side.

Something must be different somewhere. I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Nice write ups by the way Junior.

?an armed society is a polite society.?
Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
Publius Tacitus

ps ny bushboy If a m1 garand is a battle rifle if you dont go in battle , then a sks can be a hog rifle if you ain't shot no hogsThe majority of M1s in existence have been carried into battle. They were also designed specifically for use as a battle rifle. The majority of SKS rifles have not been fired at hogs to the best of my knowledge. Not calling a M1 a battle rifle is just plain silly in my opinion. Calling a SKS a hog rifle leaves more room for debate, but once it's been carried while looking for hogs, it has earned the label far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by JIMinPHX; Yesterday at 06:14 PM.
?an armed society is a polite society.?
Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
Publius Tacitus

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment