Sunday, May 12, 2013

Boolit Molds an Star Dies

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Ghost101 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMay 2012LocationSoCalPosts39

Hi everyone, Hope all had a great Easter.

Need some help with mould an sizer die sizes. How much larger do I want to order my boolit molds over my bore size or chamber sizes in my revolvers? Next, what size do I need to order for the sizer dies (Star). Do I want to order a boolit mold larger then chamber size in order to size it down to the correct size? And if so, how much larger?
For an example; I have a .500S&W, (this is the gun that started me with casting in the first place). Chamber size was .500. Bore size ranged from .500-.501+. I enlarged the chamber size to .502 . Haven't hand lapped the bore as of yet. Leading with this was beyond believe. Hopefully all this work will change this into a fun to shoot an easy to clean gun.
My cast boolits with my low vel. calibers are workin great with TL an Lee sizers. Wish I had done tho years ago as the cast boolits have given me much better groups on paper. Thank Y'all for the help with getting me started.
But before I start with my mag. and rifle casting, I need info on the size question.

503 would be recommended.
502 would work just as well.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Ghost101 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMay 2012LocationSoCalPosts39
Thank you runfiverun. So I'll order a .503 mold from LBT an a .503 sizing die from Lathesmith. I read the sticky by goodsteel a little bit ago, it helped out a lot with my questions for my .30 rifles, I think, lol. I am so hooked on this casting thing. I don't know anything, but having fun with it.
that's the point, it is to keep right on shooting.
we may or may not save money at some point.
but I know I can shoot and go hunting no matter what everybody else is doing.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment