Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just had some luck at a auction.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I found two single cavity lyman molds on an online auction one is a 311440 and the other is 31950. I bid 30 bucks thinking there is no way I would win and somehow I got them. I have read about the 311440 and that was the main reason I bid, but what is the 31950 for. Im not sure if what to do with it or if im going to keep it.
Ok thanks, never seen the design before had to look it up on cast pics. Any ideas on what it might be worth.
I've no idea of value, but if you decide to sell it, I'd like to know. If you cast with it, I'd be interested in swapping or paying for some of the results. My favorite plinking boolit for .30 rifles is the very similar to the Lyman 311316 GC. It too was designed for the 32-40 and I use it as cast.
Unfortunately for me, I sold that one a couple of decades back when I dispersed my casting equipment before marriage and kids.

I've attached a clipping on that one.

I found a 31950 fairly recently as well. Great little bullet in my Remington Model 8 in .32 Remington. Mine drops at .322"; so I just tumble lube and skip the sizing.
Thanks for the info guys.

dbosman I have a two cavity 311316 pm me if you want some

Thanks for the info guys.
dbosman I have a two cavity 311316 pm me if you want somePM replied. Thank you very much for the offer.
Another example of the generous people on this forum.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment