Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My LnL AP bullet brass tray on the cheap.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Muddydogs is offline Boolit Man Join DateApr 2012LocationUtahPosts127

Here is a simple, easy and handy bullet brass tray I built for the front of my AP.

All I used was an L bracket from the hardware store that is used in framing to secure 2 2x4's together. I added an extra 90 degree bend and screwed it to the bench. Don't mind the velcro and cardboard, My press works the grease out on the left side and I was always bumping my leg into it and getting grease on my pants so I made a grease guard.

For the blue bullet bin I cut a some of the channel off the back so it would hang past the 90 degree bend in the L bracket so that both bins would fit without interfering with the press handle. I also had to glue a block of wood to the back of the blue bin so it would rest on the L bracket and keep the bin level. Before the wood the bin hung front down and bullets tended to want to roll out.

Hey that looks pretty good, I might have to look into that.
Great idea! Now I'll have instant use of some of those Akro bins I just ordered from Amazon.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant
Brittany is offline Boolit Mold Join DateJun 2012LocationWashington state east sidePosts11
Are you going to build build one of them for your poor old father who taught you to reload. Dad
TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

So simple!

I have my loaders stacked next to each other and space is tight!

Looks like I have a project coming!

Muddydogs is offline Boolit Man Join DateApr 2012LocationUtahPosts127
Are you going to build build one of them for your poor old father who taught you to reload. DadSure I will build one for you. I will drive all the way to Washington, bend the bracket and screw it to the bench. I will even bring the materials and a couple bins. Maybe since I have so far to drive and all this work to do once I get there you will part with some of that lead you have just setting around. Of cource I will be expecting to be feed also. As an added bonus I could bring the kids and there kids for one big family event.
Brittany is offline Boolit Mold Join DateJun 2012LocationWashington state east sidePosts11
Every thing is fine,,,,,, Except NO Lead.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment