Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Noe Molds for 223 Remington help picking one

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have decided to cast for my AR and wanted to know which mold would you

gentlemen suggest I pick up for a stag arms 1:10 twist 18" barrel. I was looking at the

noe 70gr rn and 62gr fn both GC. I have read great things about the rcbs mold but

none are available and the noe version is also sold out. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Planing on sizing to .224 with lee die or should I size to .225?

Thanks Mike

?Don?t carry a gun. It?s nice to have them close by, but don?t carry them. You might get arrested.? (NY )
I have NOE's RCBS 22-055 FN. I'm still learning about it but it plays nice enough in the rifles I have used it in. If you have to have it to play with this weekend (yes, they ship that quickly) and don't want to wait for the RCBS to come back in stock, I would bet the other molds will work as well.

I would suggest sizing to .225. I would also strongly suggest you polish out the Lee die with some 400 sand paper wrapped on a dowel or rod. If you start with a more coarse grit, you can open the Lee die to .225 and then make it nice and smooth inside with the finer grit.

A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. - Shane

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
Sir Winston Churchill

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.
Herbert Agar

434-1

I wish I could say I've fired some of my NOE boolits. After a gas check and lube, I'm weighing my 55gr FN's right around 62gr. They look nice, I can't wait to see how they shoot.
there's some info in this thread
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?192646-Best-for-the-Ar-15

let us know what barrel you currently have, we'd be able to be more help.

Sizing to .225 is what I've done, but recently ordered a couple dies, .226 and a .227 to experiment with.
Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be offering the GC seater plate for the lyman 45.
Also I have replacement springs for the Lyman 45 lubesizer, If your's is weak or missing, let me know
Thanks for the replies , it is a 18" hammer forged barrel by stag arms with m4 feed ramps 1:10 twist
?Don?t carry a gun. It?s nice to have them close by, but don?t carry them. You might get arrested.? (NY )
Gunor is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateJan 2012LocationNorth Coast - OregonPosts66
My Stag upper feed the NOE 55 just fine w/22 grains of 748. I just started loading that bullet, and I only loaded to see function. I think i can maybe lower the charge a little to function.

Accuracy - minute of paper plate @100 yards - off hand and a Eotech sight.....

Geoff in Oregon

Ramery, opps, I mis-read your OP, I thought someone suggested to you to get a stag arms bbl.

ANYWAY, the NOE 22-055 clone of the RCBS should work good, as well as the actual RCBS. ALSO, besure to check out this thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?178680-Would-you-buy-this-Mold-223-5-56gr-GC

Good Luck,
Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be offering the GC seater plate for the lyman 45.
Also I have replacement springs for the Lyman 45 lubesizer, If your's is weak or missing, let me know
It's relatively easy to slug or get a cast of your AR chamber, ask someone to send you a few "as cast" 22 Cal. bullets, be sure to show some good manners and insist in re-paying them for postage. I'm going to guess it will be .226 to .2265. Knowing the throats Dia. will be a better starting point that just starting at .224 or .225.
Since you have a 1-10 twist and IF you are interested in shooting past 50 yds. consider the NOE MX-3-62 gn., Mine weights 63.3 lubed w/ GC
A member here "BUCK SHOT" makes EXCELLENT custom size sizing dies, both styles.
IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"
It's relatively easy to slug or get a cast of your AR chamber, ask someone to send you a few "as cast" 22 Cal. bullets, be sure to show some good manners and insist in re-paying them for postage. I'm going to guess it will be .226 to .2265. Knowing the throats Dia. will be a better starting point that just starting at .224 or .225.
Since you have a 1-10 twist and IF you are interested in shooting past 50 yds. consider the NOE MX-3-62 gn., Mine weights 63.3 lubed w/ GC
A member here "BUCK SHOT" makes EXCELLENT custom size sizing dies, both styles.Thank you so the 62gr mold it is.
?Don?t carry a gun. It?s nice to have them close by, but don?t carry them. You might get arrested.? (NY )
colt1960 is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateDec 2011Posts63
I also have NOE's RCBS 22-055 FN. Ive got a barrel with a 1 in 9 twist. I think the 62 gr. would be a better choice than the 70gr bullet for a 1 in 10 twist barrel. Rick!
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment