Friday, May 10, 2013

Alum. gas checks on eBay.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

rnhathaway is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013Posts13

I've been casting for years for my 45 auto. Just now getting into casting for my rifles. Never had to use gas checks before and its foreign to me. I would rather use copper gas checks but have found some cheap aluminum ones on eBay. Is there anything wrong with these and is there anything I should be looking out for?
Yes there is plenty wrong with them. They're bowls with a rounded bottom. They aren't flat with a sharp bottom edge. When you seat them, the base of your bullet is rounded like you'd get from an incomplete pour on a cast bullet. Of course, this is just my experience and others might have had better luck. My first experience with the aluminum checks were positive until i bought 22 checks. They were partially formed, ragged edged, and bowl like
Sagebrush7 is offline Boolit Man Join DateAug 2010LocationJacksonville, AlPosts107
I sell aluminum , Gator copper checks gas checks on EBay and my website. I personally shoot aluminum gas checks. I have sold millions of aluminum checks and have many repeat customers world wide. I can fit bullet molds that are almost a hundred years old. I have also failed to fit molds with shanks that are thousandths of inch to small requiring special tools and forty thousandths material. Are they accurate, clean shooting and cheaper ? Yes
Sagebrush7 is offline Boolit Man Join DateAug 2010LocationJacksonville, AlPosts107
FLHTC, if you bought 22 aluminum checks from me. I would be glad to refund your money or replace your checks. James
I have bought yours without an issue but it seems many are jumping on the band wagon today and with questionable quality. Thanks for standing behind your product. Something i wish more ebay sellers would do.
rnhathaway is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013Posts13
Thanks for the info. My wife just ordered me 1000.
Sagebrush, How do I find you on Ebay?
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
Why pay ebay price? If it is 30's 35's or 45's you are looking for I got that covered at a cheaper price than ebay.
I started buying the aluminum gc from sagebrush7 on ebay and had good luck with them. I discovered he has a website and i buy there direct now. Google "Sage's Outdoors".

I'm using Sage's checks on .30, .32-40, 38-55, .375, 9.3mm, and .45 rifle boolits; and 357 pistol boolits. The .375 rifle checks are the only ones that I could get to work properly on boolits made in the NOE 9.3mm 280 gr mold.

I'm very happy with the checks and the service.

Last edited by jethunter; Today at 06:43 PM.
I was gifted some of sageoutdoors .30 checks. They crimp well onto the Lee 309-150-FP and Lee 309-170-FP. They stay on to the target - I have a bullet trap for recycling my alloy and the checks are all in there with the projectiles. I have not actually tried any other checks so can't compare as yet. Lyman copper .30 GC are $AUD73 per thousand in Australia:
http://www.qldgunexchange.com/QGEWeb/product.seam?productId=121140
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment