Saturday, May 4, 2013

DL266 .410 for me!

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Here is the nearly new Pacific DL266 I found for $200 to go along with my new .410 O/U Browning Shotgun I get tomorrow.

I took this one apart and cleaned and removed all the surface rust from the Steel parts and then hit them with cold blue and then Frog Lubed the ship out of them.

On the Hornady red paint,,, You all know how it always looks faded? Well spraying WD40 all over it and letting it sit over night and then wiping off the excess brings the paint right back to life.

I personally think Hornaday made a big mistake not rebuilding the mould for the Platen and Die Holder after the idiot dropped it and broke it. They just dropped the product which is arguably the best single stage loader ever made by anyone. A wrong corporate decision IMO, since the machine shares many parts with the DL366 which is a current model and only has a few parts unique to itself. Nearly a two for one type of product.

Pretty stoked about this little aquisition as these things are like hens teeth, and especially the .410 models. It took me nearly a week to find this one!

I have 1000 O/F Win AA hulls coming which should last me for a long while.

I plan on using them up too.

Here's pics.

Randy

"It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
That is one fine looking machine Randy!

I sure hope you enjoy your new acquisitions.

Thanks for sharing.

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment