Hi....brand new to the forum and have not loaded for 20 years. Used to reclaim 'lead' and cast 38/357 and 44 mag. Going to restart the hobby and add .41 mag.
I used to add gas checks to my bullets and the moulds were specifically set up for gas checks. Acquired a 41 mould that is not specifically designed for gas checks plus acquired some pre-made non-gas check lead bullets.
My question; should I/can I add gas checks to non gas check lead bullets? Assume this only necessary for hotter loads?
I see aluminum .41 gas checks on E Bay but no copper [other then the occasional .416]. aluminum OK?

As stated , ...brand new to reloading 41 and my skills are rusty...so please feel free to provide any advice.
....and sure hope I can start to find powder and primers as my stock is minimal.

thanks

Mike