Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pat marlin check maker

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Hey Guys,

Has anyone ordered a gc maker from Pat? If so how long did it take to get it delivered. I ordered one on Feb 1st and still have not recieved it, although my check has been cashed. Two emails were sent; one at a month, and the other at 7 weeks. He replied both times that it would'nt be long. I understand that he works by himself and pobably has a lot of oders, just looking for a time frame.

Thanks

As I recall, it was 5-6 weeks for me, but that was several years ago. I've read that it's taken longer for others - depending on number of orders and equipment problems I suppose.
Pat is a standup guy and has been around for a long time - you will get your order, though it may take time...
Ok, Thanks for the info. I'll just have to work on my patience, Thanks!
MaineJim is offline Boolit Bub Join DateFeb 2012LocationCentral Maine HighlandsPosts33
I ordered a .30 cal checkmaker about 10 days ago,i got over 1k hornadys left so im good for a while.
Im sure it will be worth the wait,though I can hardly wait to make my own .
Ive ordered three, one came in a few weeks, the other two took months.
The wait is really worth it.
I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
I ordered one when he first started. It took nearly a year to receive what was touted as ready for delivery in 30 days. After being highly criticized for wanting my merchandise and hearing every excuse in the book, the device finally came. Using the check maker was as slow as getting it. I sold it, bought a .30 and a .35 Freechex III and have never looked back. The Freechex III dies took about 10 days to get.
My experience pretty much mirrors that of Dan Cash. The first one took about 10 days, the second 15 months. Of the 2 Checkmakers, one worked good, the other was problematic. Pat did replace the problem child under his warranty. Both have sat in their boxes and gone unused since. I switched to Freechex from Charlie Darnall. I have ordered and received my 4th Freechex, none of which took over a week to get. I have not ran into any problems with them.
I hope Pat gets his issues worked out soon and deliveries get back on track. A lot of folks like his product and it should not disappear. Continued excuses can make potential customers wary.
I have recently just purchased a freechex 3 in 22 cal and 35 cal. Got them both 3 days after paying for them. Charlie won't take your money until he has product to send you. I have a 35 cal Pat Marlins check maker I am going to sell. I am not to thrilled with separate cutting of the disc, then forming the check. I already like the all in one step function of the freechex 3. And I don't have to put my reloading press under the stress of cutting the discs.
Pat is the only one that I know of that makes the PB gascheck tool. So ....be patient it will come, afterall you do not have a choice as far as PB gaschecks go. They work great, slow , but do what they were designed to do.They have worked great to solve my leading issues with my 9MM. I am in no race when I do my reloading so I just take my time and enjoy. I also have the Freechex dies and they work great for normal gaschecks.

All that being said, Pat will come thru and if you are looking for the PB gascheck dies Pat is the man as far as I am concerned. I will be ordering several more and will be alot more patient this time now that I know he is legitimate. By the way mine did take approx 5-6 weeks .

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment