I cast up about 100 boolits and hand dipped each just to cover the lube area, leaving the nose area free of alox. I discovered that the dip method is kinda messy as you have to set on wax paper, then set again on another piece of wax paper as the first time it is set it leaves a 'puddle' of excess alox around the boolit. After two days they are still just a bit tacky but most of the odd smell of the Alox has left.

I'm not sure if I like Alox or not. This was my first use of it. I normally pan lube my boolits, and as soon as the lube cools and the JPW/beeswax mix hardens a bit, boolits are ready to load. With Alox, you have to wait several days for it to dry before you can load the boolits. It's not a 'same day' kind of boolit lube I have discovered.
A passed away friend of mine lubed everything with Alox as all his boolits were always brown. The Jury is stillout on the Alox, but I think I really like an-lubing boolits better .... just for the speed factor of being able to lube and load all in the same day.

Ohio Rusty ><>