Saturday, March 23, 2013

what containers to go with?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

So I was just thinking, with the different lubes that may be required for high pressure, low pressure, and experimental lubes. What the heck am I going to stored this melted mess in?? The wife and I aren't coffee drinkers, and I know her tupperware is going to be off limits... I thought about pouring into silicone muffin pan then just putting away in zip loc bags... but I would like to hear from you guys...
i have zip-lock baggies,pete cups with lids,styrofoam cups with lids,coffee mugs with a baggie and rubber band lids,bowls,more pete cups,smaller pete cups,some just wrapped in waxed paper.
and some just sitting on a cookie sheet right now.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

I use mini loafs and zipper bags....just make sure you label the bag and put a paper label inside the bag that coincides with your notes in your lube/shooting folders. The lube I use the most of (MML) is stored as mini-loafs in 50 cal ammo cans along with my cute little pan to melt it in...I just leave the lube left over in the pan to cool and put it back in the can.....all you have to do is keep it dust free......whatever works for you is the best system available.
If you cannot dazzle them with your brilliance, you can always try baffling them with your BS...many a politician have learned this early on in life and alot of keyboard commandos have a firm grasp on the ploy....maybe you too can pull it off. Just remember that you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of time.
I currently use old mason jars - cheap and almost everyone has them.
To my family members, sorry about not returning the jars - the jams and pickles were delicious though. NO WAY, my wife is an avid canner, that would be worse than the tupperware...
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment