Thursday, March 28, 2013

Anyone getting anything?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I realize it's impossible to purchase components (powder, primers, ect) at a reasonable price right now. I also realize that it will be a while before we start seeing these types of components for sale again.

I have to wonder though, is anyone currently getting their back-orders fulfilled? I made a rather large order of primers and powder at Brownells about a week after Christmas, and just received my powder via UPS two weeks ago. I know most people say it'll be summer/fall before we start to see things die down, but until then, when do you guys expect to see your orders fulfilled?

I know most places you can't even back-order anything... Should I anticipate my 10k primers anytime soon, or am I a fool for expecting anything before July/August? Most of you have some experience with this, and I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts...

I realize it's impossible to purchase components (powder, primers, ect) at a reasonable price right now. The worst is over. I can get what I want, but as I bought what I needed awhile ago, I don't need anything.

Those who plan ahead, come out ahead. Those who don't, don't.

Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, Varmint Hunter's Assn, ARTCA, American Legion, & South Cuyahoga Sportsmen's Assn.

"Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery...all else is twaddle!"--Admiral Sir John Fisher, RN
"An armed society is a polite society"--Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass"--Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Personally, however, I haven't been doing this for very long and I'm new to reloading. I didn't know what would/could happen nor did I anticipate this...
Personally, however, I haven't been doing this for very long and I'm new to reloading. I didn't know what would/could happen nor did I anticipate this...I know lots of guys who did the same thing. They weren't expecting a run on components either. There is one thing I think I can say with some confidence: YOU will not get caught short again, will you?! Once things get back to "normal" buy extra components whenever you have the extra cash and keep a healthy stash of it tucked away for the next round of gun control insanity.
colt1960 is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateDec 2011Posts62
The only thing Im buying right now are new molds ect that are avilable at reg. prices. Some of the auctions sights are getting huge money right now on used items. Ive been thinking of selling off somr items and replacing them when things get back to normal. Rick!
Some of the auctions sights are getting huge money right now on used items. Ive been thinking of selling off somr items and replacing them when things get back to normal. Rick!I just did that. Sold equipment I could do without on one of the auction sights. Made a LOT of money, then reordered it all new. I can wait the 6 to 8 weeks to get it back.

I did get a single pound of Clays the other day at a very good price. I wish I could find some Federal SP primers. I'm not out, but I don't want to run out either!

I did get a single pound of Clays the other day at a very good price. I wish I could find some Federal SP primers. I'm not out, but I don't want to run out either!Despite their claim that they don't carry reloading supplies, I saw small pistol primers (yes, Federal!) at the local Gander Mountain a couple weeks ago. I'd guess they came in along with the large rifle I was buying, which are used in a few muzzle loaders (or maybe they've got some folks with converted cap and ball revolvers that use small pistol in the nipple replacements). Pricing was ordinary retail, too, I paid just under $4 per hundred for the large rifle.

No, no powder other than black powder substitutes, but I'll take what I can get when I can find it; I wasn't financially able to restart my reloading (after 20+ years away) when I bought my rifle in early 2012 -- and by the time I could afford dies and components, this panic buying had taken over the market...

There is one thing I think I can say with some confidence: YOU will not get caught short again, will you?! Once things get back to "normal" buy extra components whenever you have the extra cash and keep a healthy stash of it tucked away for the next round of gun control insanity.Words with Iron !
TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment