Sunday, March 24, 2013

Need pure lead 120 grain .356 boolits!

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have a customer in need of some pure lead 120 grain .356 cast slugs for cores to make the 40 cal JHP bullets from 9mm brass.

If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll get you in touch with this fellow new swager. I would imagine he will be interested in decent amount, probably a medium flate rate full.

Thanks

Brian

Sounds like he needs to buy a casting setup. BUYING cores is going to be too expensive for him.
And, please don't tell us he's out of the USA.

And, why isn't he/she asking directly?

You now have my curiosity raised...........



NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
Brian,

I can help you with the Pure lead but not the .356 boolits. I will have 300 pounds of pure listed soon.

Screwbolts Lead, smelted lead from Bullet traps at Gun manufacturers, from jacketed Pistol and rifle bullets. Fluxed three times with bees wax and pine saw dust. 20 pound and 40 pound boxes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?173-Screwbolts-Lead-Area

???O? ????
All The ?Rat Bastards? In DC Know Obama Is Not Eligible!
I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

I agree with Duke, tell him to buy a cheap Lee 10# pot and a Lee 2 cavity mold. I think it would be cheaper.

I can't believe he would swage and not already be casting. Isn't that like the old addage of putting the cart befor the horse?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Pm inbound Brian. Ill help the guy out.
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789]) Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
Benjamin Franklin
Some guys just don't wish to cast lead slugs. He is in US. Just getting into swaging and purchased one of my 40 cal one step dies. I don't think cost is an issue, just doesn't want to cast. Kind of like those of us that do not wish to use self cleaning ovens to anneal with. He's not a member here yet. Who better to ask for help then me? It's all good!

BT

UM If he doesn't want to cast then why not buy a spool of .312 wire?
Anything is possible. There are so many of us casting slugs for this die set up that I figure someone will be interested in a little extra $. I could probably knock out a MFRB full of these for him is short order but figured I would ask others first and spread the wealth a bit.

BT

At 60 lbs that is 3500 bullets. Wouldn't want to ship more than that and expect it to get there.
http://www.whyteleatherworks.com/
Smokin7mm is offline Boolit Master Join DateNov 2009LocationWashingtonPosts150
Need to think about this.......selling a cast bullet as a "core" for swaging doesn't required a class 6 FFL? Now it is just lead, no lube, but is it still a bullet. Does it depend on how you market it? Just something to think about. Now if he supplied the lead and you just cast them for him and gave them back. Or could you just view it as selling him scrap lead that just happens to be in the form of cast bullets?
At 60 lbs that is 3500 bullets. Wouldn't want to ship more than that and expect it to get there.If I end up doing this, my 9mm molds are casting 127 and 130 out of pure lead, I will be wrapping the boolit shaped "scrap" in tyvec bags with individual labels and address to the recipient. Having one bad experience with the post office is enough!
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789]) Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
Benjamin Franklin
If I end up doing this, my 9mm molds are casting 127 and 130 out of pure lead, I will be wrapping the boolit shaped "scrap" in tyvec bags with individual labels and address to the recipient. Having one bad experience with the post office is enough!That would probably work.
I used to buy bullets from a gentleman that built small wooden boxes that fit perfectly inside a MFRB. Inside the 1/2" thick wood box were shrink-wrapped cardboard boxes with the bullets. (like a few of the guys here that sell ingots)
Proud winner of February 2012's "Ugliest Gun" contest.
I would think simply tape the heck out of enough small flate rate boxes full of lead to fill a medium flat rate box taped up real good should do the trick.

BT

Bernie52 is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013Posts1
Thanks guys. This is my first post. I am new to bullet swagging and asked BTSniper for help in locating 9mm bullet cores. I m amazed by the number of replies. I have cast and reloaded bullets before and understand the time and money involved, Both I have limited quantity. The initial investment in equipment is taxing. I will most likely cast my cores, but for the mean time I need to purchase cast boolits or wire cores to get me started. Again thanks for the reply.
I think at 50lbs and 2700 cores you should be pretty well off for a while. I think we got things all taken care of but let me know if anything falls threw and I'll be able to either find somone else or cast them myself for ya.

Thanks and welcome to the forum Bernie, Everything you could possibly need to know about making bullets can be found here.

Good shooting and swage on!

BT

Welcome to the forum Bernie!

Or should I say "Welcome to the madness...."

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment