Sunday, March 31, 2013

NOE 360477 4-cav. Brass

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Hi,
Just lucked up on a NIB NOE 360477 on the Swap&Sell site. Anyone using this mold or boolit? Was wondering about history of design,ect. Any info appreciated, will probably use this for my 38 spl. I'm going broke, saving money, on these brass molds!!!
Always looking for Dillon RL-300's!.
copy of one of the lyman 358477's out there.
this one was designed with more of a keith nose rather than the rounded noses of the past.
kinda like a mini 358429.

you could look at probably 4 different iterations of the 477's noses, but they all had one thing in common.
they were accurate, and shot well in lot's of different revolvers, i even have used it in the 9mm.

it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Hi RFR,
Thanks for the info. Something I forgot to mention is this is a GC mold! Got me to thinking it might be fun to load this up with a hefty dose of H110 in a 357 mag case and see what it would do at 100 yd. steel plate, with my Ruger GP-100!
Always looking for Dillon RL-300's!.
I've used the #358477 Lyman for years. Runs 155 grs with WW's and seems to be as accurate, or maybe a bit better, than the #358429 Keith slug.

4.3 grs of WW231 in a .38 Spcl case.....have loaded lots of them since the mid 1970's. Really never used them in .357 mags though.

Got a pile of them sitting by my Star sizer NOW waiting to get lubed.

I have a similar mold for my 357. I like it a lot but I am kinda biased to all molds that are keith type.
Hi RFR,
Thanks for the info. Something I forgot to mention is this is a GC mold! Got me to thinking it might be fun to load this up with a hefty dose of H110 in a 357 mag case and see what it would do at 100 yd. steel plate, with my Ruger GP-100!
The GP100 is a great gun for the heavy stuff. I changed my grips out for the rubber hogues. I find they are easier to control than the standard older grips.
The Lyman mold I have shoots good in all my revolvers , it`d probably do better if I`d take time to work with the loads a bit more!

Interesting & curious to see how the GC version works for ya !!

Very nice work from NOE !!! I have a 360-180 DC & love it !!

I for one am interested in the results. I love the GP100's they are a great gun. I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a gas checked one if it shoots well.
Hi,
Well I will admit I was not a fan of GC molds years ago but when you want to put some real fire behind some lead for longer distance it is the way to go! I have the NOE alum. 5-cav. in the 358429 and it has been alot of fun with the GP-100! The new alum. and brass designer molds are killing me as when I see something I could use at a good price it is hard to resist!
Always looking for Dillon RL-300's!.
I missed that being a G/C mold you should be able to put some steam behind it in that ruger.
I like that gun it almost looks like a hunter model/bisley/100 cross.
I shoot both of my 477 versions over 4.0 grs of 231,or titegroup in 38 cases through my dan Wesson, and my old rossi revolvers.
great for squirrel, and grouse hunting.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Hi,
I guess I just like things that go BOOM! Here's my Lone Eagle in 444 Marlin with the SSK designed NEI 350Gr. TC boolit! You could almost label this thing artillery! The "pistol" is very accurate though!
Always looking for Dillon RL-300's!.
What FN in MT said--my usage of Lyman #358477 duplicated his. I have a nice, new 4-cav in aluminum sitting in the cabinet that needs a heat-up and some casting work--it's still NIB!
History is always ambiguous, if honestly presented--Stephen E. Ambrose
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment