Saturday, March 30, 2013

questions involving overpowder, and over shot cards

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

okay, iv done some reading, looking here, and looking there.
just looking for an exact answer.

so,
can i use cardboard for my over powder card in my .444 marlin 410 bore shotgun loads?
or dose it absolutly have to be felt?
i dont want to be constrained by needing to buy and order and wait for a product to be sent to me
i just want to make my own.

thank you.
andrew mason

for sale or trade.
several thousand pieces of .38special brass.
PM for details
i want to trade my pure lead for your WW or other lead alloy
Nothing wrong with using an overpowder wad in your .444. Just think of it as a brass shotshell. I load my 16ga brass shells with stacks of either .125" or .200" card wads to give me the proper height for the shot column. Then top it off with an overshot wad usually cut from old Lee mold boxes and glued in place ith Duco cement.

Let me clarify it a bit. I wouldn't use cardboard for an overpowder wad, it is too soft and the gasses will blow right through it. I would use heavy card stock at least .125" thick. I don't remember ever seeing anything about using felt for an OP wad?

If God didn't want man to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of MEAT!

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

stubshaft, where do you get your card wads from?
for sale or trade.
several thousand pieces of .38special brass.
PM for details
i want to trade my pure lead for your WW or other lead alloy
For what it's worth, Ballistic Products sells everything you'll need. Good service. Good luck!
Bob
SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!
NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR & RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
GOA LIFE MEMBER
NJ2AS MEMBER
ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Circlefly has every possible wad you could want...along with a great wad sizing chart...

http://circlefly.com/

but i dont want to have to buy them,

i want to make them

what do i need to make my own, proper over powder wads

for sale or trade.
several thousand pieces of .38special brass.
PM for details
i want to trade my pure lead for your WW or other lead alloy
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment