Friday, March 22, 2013

Never got serious about casting 22's but..........

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

i now enjoy it immensely. Phooy on hoarders. Name: 20130312_183529.jpg<br />Views: 291<br />Size: 117.4 KB
What mold did you cast those with???? Good lookin Boolits!!!
An RCBS 22-55
Thanks, they shoot good too. I load them over 18 grains of 3031 in my 223 Contender
Iowa Fox is offline Boolit Master Join DateApr 2005LocationIowaPosts311
Nice looking boolits. I thought at first they were the 221 clone like I have.
Every shot you get in life counts
Nice looking bullets. Only thing is those small GCs drive old fumbly fingers and poor eyesight nuts./beagle
diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....
Nice looking bullets. Only thing is those small GCs drive old fumbly fingers and poor eyesight nuts./beagleThe price of jacketed eases that somewhat. Im real close to going "Silver" exclusively.
Beagle:
NOE sells a tool to help those of us with "fumbly fingers and poor eyesight"; I use one and it works well.
I use surgical gloves with small calibers like this, especially when seating checks and bullets
fish0123 is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateApr 2012Posts64
I use that same mold for .223 in my S&W mp15, I really like the design of this boolit. If you really want to save, get a freechex 3 in .224 and make gas checks out of roof flashing.
I recently bought the 3-hole NOE 225-55 as my intro to casting for the .223, when 1000 fmj "pulls" rocketed to $130. You are correct that the pain of assembly is eased when considering that alternative.
What mold throws the '42 Merc dime? I gotta get me one of those...

mike

I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...
Check out the NOE version of this boolit in the VS section and the 75 gr Mihec group buy in the GB section I am on the list for 75 gr. Have the 65 MiHec ans Noes 225-55.
Screwbolts Lead, smelted lead from Bullet traps at Gun manufacturers, from jacketed Pistol and rifle bullets. Fluxed three times with bees wax and pine saw dust. 20 pound and 40 pound boxes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?173-Screwbolts-Lead-Area

???O? ????
All The ?Rat Bastards? In DC Know Obama Is Not Eligible!
I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

What mold throws the '42 Merc dime? I gotta get me one of those...

mike

Wouldn't that be sweet?
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment