Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NEI and RCBS mould questions

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Gents - I was in a local store earlier, checking out all the used stuff. Among several used moulds were a pair that I was not well versed in and hoping a few folks here could help me out. The first was a new in the very old box NEI mould, aluminum 2C marked "235 331 GC". I checked into the NEI site and it was not listed. I thought I ask here before sending them an email, to see what rifle it's for. It looks a bit bigger and heavier by the mould cavities and thought it may be mismarked. There were several other 375 cal moulds there, which I bought, and that mould looked to be around the same diameter. The second appears new also RCBS 348-200GC. I realize its for the 348 Win and checking the RCBS site it appears its either a special run or discntinued model. I always wanted a model 71 rifle and this could start me in that direction. Are 348/350 gas checks even available anymore? The NEI is marked $45 and the RCBS is $65 - if worth while, I may offer to buy both for an even 100. Thanks for your help - Bill
jtaylor1960 is offline Boolit Master Join DateSep 2005Posts399
The 348 is a good buy.I payed $80.00 for mine years ago and they are now about $116.00 and are Special order.Gas checks are not that hard to find.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment