Saturday, March 23, 2013

accurate molds

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have 2 Accurate moulds, and there will be more of them as time goes on. Order turn-around time on two moulds was 10 days or less. Superb customer service on SUPERB casting tools. I can't say enough good things about this vendor.

We are greatly blessed to have on this site some EXCELLENT product and service providers. I do my best to give them my business whenever possible.

History is always ambiguous, if honestly presented--Stephen E. Ambrose
Only have one of Tom's molds so far - a five-hole 45-230F for feeding 1911's - but it's the easiest casting mold I have run to date. Pretty cool that it only took about two weeks to land in my mailbox.

If I were running a .45 Colt, I'd be ALL OVER his 45-255K. Might be inevitable if the 1875 Remington clones keep whispering to me. . .

WWJMBD?

I like my science WEIRD.

If I were running a .45 Colt, I'd be ALL OVER his 45-255K.I was eye balling that one, then I seen MiHec's 45-270-SAA hollow point. I wish Tom did hollow points.
Tooling etc. Wonder why he doesnt make smaller than 30 cal molds?
Yup, tooling. Same thing with the minimum .180" meplat and the minimum lube groove angle. MiHec cherry cuts his, and orbits the cherry slightly for various diameters of the same design, so he can do just about anything. But since he mostly does group runs, there's that year-wait thing and you can't always get just exactly what fits YOUR gun if you have an oddball. Tom is like Burger King, your way, your design, right away, you just can't walk in and order a Reuben sandwich though, 'cuz he specializes in burgers. Tom also does steel moulds on request, which is rare these days.

Both are outstanding, though, and between the two meet just about every need.

Gear

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

Being able to separate the wheat from the chaff has always been a valuable skill in all of life's activities. --Bwana

First class moulds, up there with NOE and Mihec they all have their strong points.

Accurate has a good turn round and will cut to your specifications, just a shame his tooling limits him to a minimum diameter of 30 cal and FP noses. Still if what you want is within his limitations then I can highly recommend him.

Great molds! They will work with you about different mold dimensions. Very fast delivery. A real joy to cast with.Robert
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment