Recently, I was on the phone with a guy that has turned out to be a very good friend. Somehow, the conversation wandered to shotguns and I mentioned I had a 1930s something LeFever double that my great uncle had left to me. I said something about needing to get snap caps for it as I didn't like leaving it cocked and didn't like dry snapping the pins.

He informed me that he was a machinist and offered to make a couple of snap caps for me. "Sure, that would be great!" His package was at the post office this morning.

Below, you can see how he did this. The cap is made of four parts, the base, the main section, the brass button and the spring for the button. He sent me four of these and it's been decades since I've seen machine work that looks this good.

Click image for larger version. <br /><br />Name:	dscn1739-e1363187905681.jpg <br />Views:	3 <br />Size:	68.6 KB <br />ID:	63904

They fit my old LeFever perfectly.

Click image for larger version. <br /><br />Name:	dscn1740-e1363187996562.jpg <br />Views:	2 <br />Size:	43.4 KB <br />ID:	63905