Hi guys, I have decided to shoot some deer and hogs with cast boolits out of my 30-30 this year.

I have developed a load that shoots very well in my Winchester 1957 era Mod 94. (2 to 2.5 inches at 100 yds)

The bullet is the NOE 311-165 GC and I have it travelling 2150 FPS per my Oehler Chronograph.

The alloy I plan hunt with is Isotope transport lead 95-2.5-2.5 (Lead-tin-antimony).

The question is: What type of performance can I expect out of this alloy and bullet at this speed?

I think this is close to Clip on Wheel Weights + 2 % tin.

I welcome any and all experiences!

Hank

PS: For y'all that are having trouble seeing open sights but do not want a scope: I put a Fast fire mount (from Doug Turnbul) on my rifle. Then a Fast fire III Holo sight with the 3 mil dot. This is one fast sight and has put my lever action back into service for hunting.
Here is a link
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/index.asp?category=24691