Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vent: reloading equipment stolen

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I had two wooden footlockers of reloading tools and supplies stolen from a barn at the farm last weekend. I am in the process of moving my reloading set up from the farm to the house here at the lake and when I was over there today, I noticed that the sliding door had been broken into. I am sick. It is not the dollar value, but that some low life got my stuff, some of which I started reloading with in 1959/60.

There was my first press, a Herters, powder measures, Mec shotgun press. Ohas scales and dies for several calibers I don't use much, but they were mine and not for sale or theft--25-20, 38-40, and others, several of the Herters and several sets of quality Bystrum Dies. Four pounds each of Red Dot and 700X and 1000+ 110 G .30 carbine bullets. Lost some tools and saddles, but they stole the 2 least valuable saddles in the tack room--newer and cleaner, but cheap and one synthetic. Guess I am glad I sold 20 saddles last year.

Dang, I could shoot a thief. Or nail his scrotum to a stump, set the stump on fire and give him a hatchet.
Vent over, but not forgotten.

"A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill
Sorry to hear...

Hopefully Karma is on your side.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan
Sorry to hear that.......There is low-life everywhere and they are becoming more prolific.
Good idea, that stump thing !!
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.
But then, I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
--Thomas Jefferson

I'll keep my ears open maybe it will show around here never know. how far are you from Abilene?
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees~!
That really bites! I dont have anything that I cant replace, but It has a special value to me 'cause I've had it so long, and it's MINE. So I know what you mean. And it may be really hard to replace your stuff right now, because most shops are out of everything. People like that should be TARGETS!

Yes I can spell, I just can't type!
Ken

NRA Life Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Ranger, I live almost 300 miles east of Abilene. Know that country well though--lived at Blackwell and farmed hogs, wheat, cattle and sheep for years as well as being in oil field construction business. Thieves will probably sell it for pennies on the dollar. I called SO and filed report and as good a list as I could and personally faxed several pawn shops a list--some of these guys are friends and will look out for this stuff. Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assn has description of the saddles--they look for these as well as stolen cattle.
"A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill
Sorry to hear about your loss Bear.

May your wishes come true about these animals/

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

That stuff will end up on Craig's List, a local pawn shop, or gun show. Keep your eyes pealed, and your hammer handy.
Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, Varmint Hunter's Assn, ARTCA, American Legion, & South Cuyahoga Sportsmen's Assn.

"Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery...all else is twaddle!"--Admiral Sir John Fisher, RN
"An armed society is a polite society"--Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass"--Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

That stuff will end up on Craig's List, a local pawn shop, or gun show. Keep your eyes pealed, and your hammer handy.Exactly. Keep an eye out on your local Craigslist. You've already notified the pawn shops, which is good. Might also send out some letters w/descriptions to local gun stores.

I've still got a week or so of medical recuperation leave left so I'll keep an out on the local Craigslist as well. If I find anything, I'll contact you. You bring the nails and hammer and I'll bring the lighter fluid.

Above Reproach A novel in which a series of mass-shootings coordinated by anti-American officials inside the U.S. government threatens not only the Second Amendment, but the entire Bill of Rights until one armed citizen finds himself with his back against the wall and fights back.
Having been the victim of theft of guns and equipment 3 times I know how you feel. I was just thinking of a couple of the guns today and talking with a friend, Malcom (fellow member). Made me mad all over again.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment