I think that was BruceB with the wet rice in the box. Last I recall it was a messy test! I've had a few like that I would rather not talk about too.

I did make up an expansion tester that worked pretty well as a prototype but I haven't tested the final version yet. It is based on eh Glenn Fryxell style end on 2 liter bottle then a bunch of hanging zip lock bags of water and finally a rag bag to catch the expanded boolit.

The prototype used a different and very messy expansion medium (big mistake that!) then the rag bag and that worked not bad.

The idea is that the 2 liter bottle of water provides the "critter" medium per Glenn Fryxell, then the water bags provide some more deceleration and the rag bag makes for a soft landing.

Pretty simple open framework to support PVC pie, wooden end plates and hanging bags. It should work fine with expanding boolits but may not stop a hard cast rifle boolit. We will see!

Longbow