Friday, March 29, 2013

Sizer Lapped to .4025, Bore Slugged at 0.4000, is this a problem?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Cane_man is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateMar 2013Posts53

I slugged my bore and it measured 0.4000, my Lee Sizer was sizing at 0.4005... I got a little distracted while lapping the sizer and it is now sizing at 0.4025, is this going to be a problem for me when I shoot these boolits? This is for a 10mm and a 0.40SW... thanks!
Depending on the alloy you use you may see a .0005" spring back so your boolits may be .403" after sizing if they are that large from the mold. Might cause chambering issues. If not should be good to go.
Depending on the alloy you use you may see a .0005" spring back so your boolits may be .403" after sizing if they are that large from the mold. Might cause chambering issues. If not should be good to go.
If they will chamber, they will be fine.

I usually shoot for .002 to .003 over.

.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.

Where is John Galt?

(If you don't know, you owe it to yourself to find out. )
.

"If they will chamber, they will be fine."

Yup. I use a .401 sizing die for all my .40 S&W and 10mm. Never a problem.

I use .358 for my 9mm & .380 too.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Charlie; Yesterday at 06:58 PM. Reason: all 9mm info
I have driven a .456 boolit down a .452 bore with zero issues.

Cat

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Cane_man is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateMar 2013Posts53
thanks men, i appreciate the feedback...
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment