Thursday, March 21, 2013

Question about RCBS Piggyback II

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I just picked one up that is new in the box. I did some research and most of the reviews were negative. I am wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Has anybody here used one? What is your opinion?
I have and use one for large primers. Got to frustrated trying to make the adjustments for small primer. Has to be kept clean. Once it is dialed in, It works pretty good. Almost as fast as my Dillon. Good luck.
Hand prime if priming is a problem and take a look at your brass while you are priming a lot of lee users do it that way.
Smokin7mm is offline Boolit Man Join DateNov 2009LocationWashingtonPosts149
I have been using one for 20+ years. Mine is one of the first they offered with auto indexing. The newer ones are manual index. I had to send it in once about 14 years ago because it stopped indexing properly. They replaced it with new unit without a question (great customer service) and has worked ever since. I did upgrade to their new powder drop system that is actuated by a case directly in lieu of the side rod type. I only use it for my pistol cartridges and a few that are based on the 223 case as that is what it was intended for. I still load single stage for all my rifle stuff. I guess it depends on what you got it for. When I bought mine new it was only about 100.00. Havent priced them lately but I know that are quite a bit more.

Bret

I have never tried the piggyback but IIRC it is the same system that I have with my ammomaster.As stated the system must be kept clean or the primer system will bind and cause problems.It can run and run well once you get the hang of it.Although I never had any trouble with it ,I never trusted the powder drop linkage so I swapped it over to a case activated unit.Also the loaded round ejector can be improved from the simple L shaped wire to stronger hand bent looped wire.It can be made from spring steel or tig welding rod.
If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment