Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hot Plate

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

ACrowe25 is offline Boolit Man Join DateFeb 2013Posts97

I'm slowly piecing all my equipment together. I'm looking to purchase a nice cheap not plate for rewarming my stuff. Just curious how hot it needs to go? Here one that I found that looks nice and hopefully fits the bill.

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=89ED30B88E4F70519959FDB991163485#ip/Aroma-Single-Burner-Portable-Electric-Range-Hot-Plate-AHP-303/5871070

Hopefully the link works, thanks in advance.

that is the exact same one that I'm using for my molds/ingots. It works great. It will get up to 350 degrees.
-Roger
Lifetime Member of the Priesthood of Ballisticians

Remember 31 Connollystra?e

OIF I & III, Brave Rifles!

Faith Under Fire; An Army Chaplain's Memoir
ISBN# 9780307408815

ACrowe25 is offline Boolit Man Join DateFeb 2013Posts97
Glad to hear. Just put it on "max" or whatever it is and let it go for awhile? Or what do you run yours at?
Unfortunaely the link didnot work for me. I had a very cheap Proctor Sylex hot plate that only lasted about 6 months. It was less then $20.00. It may work for heating molds and preheating ingots but for melting lead it was pretty much useless. It worked for a while and then a connection inside the case kept coming undone. It continued to come undone even after squeezing the connector tight. Finally the wires broke so I ditched it..
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I preheat (set the warming plate on high) my aluminum molds and my ingots to 350 degrees. The ingots sit on top of my cast iron corn-cob mold. The mold was still a little cold, even with the preheating (20 min on high), so in addition to preheating next time, I will also dip a corner of the mold in the lead pot the next time I cast (for about 30 seconds or so).
-Roger
Lifetime Member of the Priesthood of Ballisticians

Remember 31 Connollystra?e

OIF I & III, Brave Rifles!

Faith Under Fire; An Army Chaplain's Memoir
ISBN# 9780307408815

The elite brand units I bought at bi-mart , work good but low to warm is all the higher I set them as they heat plenty hot at those settings , were under 15 dollars , use them for preheating molds , great idea from this site.
I have a GE hot plate and it will get a six cavity mould hot enough to frost heavily if you leave it on high.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment