I like these molds, have the 38hbwc and the 44hbwc.

They cast a good round consistent bullet, I've made soft (pure) lead hbwc's, 20 to 1 alloy, 10 to 1 alloy, range scrap (9bhn) & water dropped range scrap (14bhn). They all were good performers & I didn't have to worry about blowing the skirt off with any of the alloy/scrap lead bullets.

I've always loaded my swc's/hbwc's with them out (not flush) further in the cylinders. I don't own a s&w 52 so I like to move the bullets while testing loads. I've found that seating/crimping these bullets in the 1st lube groove gave the best accuracy in 3 different pistols. These bullets shoot bug holes (clover groups with all bullets touching) @ 50ft & will chew out the x-ring on a nra 25yd target. I'm to lazy to walk down to the 50yd line to put up a target & test them. I will later on in the shooting season when I start shooting the 50m free pistol again when the weather warms up.

I do size them, tried the Lyman 450 & the Lee push thru die. Ended up just using the Lee .358 & the 45/45/10 tumble lube.

I'm shooting these bullets in a 586 6", 10" contender & a ca off duty 38spl snub nosed. Tried & had good groups with bullseye, titegroup, titewad, am select, clays, universal clays & hp-38.

And yes these make a fearsome defence round when turned around to make a huge hp.