Wednesday, April 24, 2013

LNL - Having second thoughts...

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Wanna tinker with a troubled machine, buy a Loadmaster! If you like, I will trade you mine, AND a pro 1000 for the LnL.
95% of my Hornady LNL is finally at my house, just a few remaining pieces in transit. I can't wait to get this setup, I'm out of ammo (LOL). I have also purchased the Ergo Handle and LED lighting, hopefully will arrive in a few days. Just washed 1200 .357 cases and they are drying under the ceiling fan. I have all the parts for 38/357 so thats where I am going to start.

Name: 357.jpg<br />Views: 30<br />Size: 101.6 KB

and don't even think about it, I already applied for the patent on my Bullet Case Zen Garden...

Bonz,
That must have been a zen moment. I don't think I would have the patience to stack them neatly like that. To me it looks like someone anxious to use a new toy....err machine.
I definitely do not have that kind of patience. I stuff my wet cases in a old sock and hang them over the side in the dryer. 20 minutes and all dry.
ofcourse when the wife is not home.

I definitely do not have that kind of patience. I stuff my wet cases in a old sock and hang them over the side in the dryer. 20 minutes and all dry.
ofcourse when the wife is not home.

LOL, my wife already threatened me and said that I better not get caught drying brass cases in the dryer... Honestly, I thought it was a great idea, after all, the dryer is gas not electric. What could go wrong...
Like Racenviper said I also use Hornady oneshot spray under shell plate and primer slider area.
I started with a LnL, but sold it and bought a 650. I like the 650 much better. There is not a huge difference in the cost of swapping calibers, when you take into account what you get with a caliber conversion. As stated earlier it seems the case feeder was an afterthought on the LnL.

I had problems with brass bouncing off the guide on the LnL and getting the guide to time correctly with the shellplate. That does not happen with the 650 since the case is cradled by the guide. The priming systems on both have their quirks. The LnL jams up from debris, while the 650 drops unused primers into a catch tray (which does not always catch them). I think the LnL powder measure is better than the 650 if you are loading multiple calibers. It is easier to adjust and setup. The LnL indexes the case 1/2 turn on handle pulls, which helps with preventing powder from spilling out of cases. The 650 can be modified to correct that problem, which is an easy fix. The other problem I had was the LnL bushings would loosen over time.

Either way, some love the LnL and others the 650. For me it is the 650.

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment