Monday, April 22, 2013

380 carbide die set info

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I haven't purchased new dies in awhile. Which company makes a good .380 CARBIDE die set? I always bought RCBS, but just asking. Thanks!
SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!
NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR & RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
GOA LIFE MEMBER
NJ2AS MEMBER
ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
I have RCBS in everything carbide in pistol calibers and they have served me well. I am very satiafied with them and Rcbs service line.
I'm using the Lee 380 Carbide Dies with Factory Crimp Die and they do a great job for me.
Muddydogs is offline Boolit Man Join DateApr 2012LocationUtahPosts118
I'm an RCBS guy but I did buy a set of Hornady dies for the 38. While I like the seater die adjustment better on the Hornady I think the RCBS sizer die is a lot smoother then Hornady. I can size 44 mags with RCBS easier then 38 with the Hornady dies. I do have a set of 380 Hornady dies on back order though. While I own Lee crimp dies, bullet molds and push through bullet sizing dies I just can't bring myself to buy there reloading die sets.
I'm using the Lee 380 Carbide Dies with Factory Crimp Die and they do a great job for me.Likewise. Have never had a problem with any of my Lee die sets.
engineer401 is offline Boolit Man Join DateDec 2011LocationYakima, WAPosts131
RCBS dies worked for me just fine.
I have a carbide set from RCBS and they have served me well. I own both RCBS and Hornady and like them both.

Yes I can spell, I just can't type!
Ken

NRA Life Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment