Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lee TL401-175-SWC Mold

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I am looking at buying the Lee TL401-175-SWC mold. I was just wanting to get some input, comments on it before I get it.

Thanks

The double cavity mold dropped at .401 and at 182 grains. Finding one these days is pretty tough though as Lee won't have any out to the big online dealers until May and June. I had a few hang ups (cycling) in the Glock 22 and was lucky to find a 6 cavity 401-175-TC at Titan Reloading but I noticed after I purchased mine the other 4 molds only lasted about 30 or 45 minutes. If you are after a tumble lube design it has worked well for many.
Eli16 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateJan 2013LocationOhioPosts1
Ive dropped over a 1000 from mine, no issues. my mix gives a weight range of 178-180. Very accurate out of my G22 factory barrel or wolf.
Have both the SWC & TC, which I like better. You can tumble lube both. No feeding problems with either. Don't know what Accurate or others backlog is & more $ but well worth it. My TC needs lots of repair but still casts good boolits. I FBd both.
Bought one of these 2 cav'ers about 3 yrs ago when I started reloading, It drops a nice little boolit that I have had no problems with feed issues in S&W, CZ and now a chepo Hi Point they all love em, I tumble lube and have no complaints with this mould. Mine also drops around the 180grn mark (COWW) as RobS and Eli16 mentioned. If you have one available I wouldn't hesitate about getting it, if its reasonable, if you don't like it, you could most likely get your money back on it here or at another site.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment