Thursday, April 18, 2013

223\308 cast bullet powder

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Can anybody tell me a good powder I can use in 223\308 for cast bullets? I want to be able to use the same for both. I have about 6 pounds of unique, Hope that or AA#9 fits the bill as they are my big supplies.
USMC87,

Consider searching and asking your questions on this forum. Lots of good information, and the members who would know for sure!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?27-CB-Loads-Military-Rifles

USMC87, what kind of gun are you going to shoot these out of? A bolt gun verses a gas gun where you want the gas system to work are two different things.
H4895, I use it for cast in 5.56/.223, 30-06, 8x57 and 6.8SPC. In bolt guns Unique would work as well.
USMC87, I should have asked the question before if you were going to be shooting these out of bolt guns, are you looking for a light plinking load for 100 yards or a heavy hunting load?

The sky is the limit with a bolt gun shooting mouse fart loads to something that rattles your teeth and everything in between.

It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.
I'm gonna hunt with these so I want some torque if possible.
IMR 4064 is what I use for my .308 bolt action & .223 AR

Yes I can spell, I just can't type!
Ken

NRA Life Member

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Sorry about my first post. I just assumed you were shooting AR / M1 rifles. I use IMR 4064 with good results.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment