I am loading for 30 Herrett and 357 Herrett and am trying to get a cast boolit load worked up. Question is , do you have to have the boolit seating depth such that the check is kept in the neck area of the case. I have plenty of chamber depth to almost have the boolit totally out of the case so it is no problem with keeping it out far enough but some of the lube grooves are exposed in order to keep the check in the neck and not below it. I am using the Lee 30-180-SP in the 30 and Lyman 358315 200 gr in the 357.The 357 at 1st workup seems to shoot well but the boolit is way out there to keep the check in the neck. I do have it as deep as possible trying to keep as much of the lube grooves in the case as possible. Does it hurt to have the lube grooves out ? It is not an issue for me as it is a single shot and not a problem to use them like that just did not know if it was a good practice or not.

I will also be doing the 357 SIG soon and that will be the same issue I am sure.......if I decide to use Gaschecks.