Friday, April 19, 2013

Can someone help me out?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I'm looking / hoping to rent or borrow a Dillon RL550B caliber conversion kit for a 38 S&W,
and maybe a set of dies? I got 500 rounds to load, a one time thing, hate to spend the money
for the kit and dies and dread the thought of single staging 500 rounds.
I found new LEE carbide dies so I can buy them if need be, but I'd rather not buy something I only get to use once

ON EDIT: One thing I hadnt considered for this cartridge, will the Dillon powder measure do OK with very light loads?
Some of the load data calls for 1.5-3 grains. Might be a bit tricky!

If I had 'em I loan them to ya, sorry.

As far as the Dillon PM, I have had my small powder slide down to 2.3 gr. of Clays before with consistent throws.

Good Luck

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

clay's, t-group, and 231 will drop consistent weights at 2-2.5grs.
I don't have 38 S&W.
if you could make a 38 special shell plate/powder funnel work I could loan you them for a bit.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

I got 500 rounds to load, a one time thing, hate to spend the money
for the kit and dies and dread the thought of single staging 500 rounds. Look on the bright side-- You could be doing 500 rounds with a Lee Loader.

It has been a lot of years since I had a Dillon, but I think for the 1.5 grain charges you will need the extra small charge bar.

Robert

Jim,

I used all 38 special dies to do mine, except for the sizer. The 38 sizer sizes too small so I used a 9mm Makarov carbide die. That worked well.

Of course I was using a .363 boolit. If you're not going so large then Special stuff may work for you.

Cat

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

First off, I can't find the extra small charge bar anywhere on the Dillon site you guys talk about. I took a small powder bar and JB welded up the open area on the end so that it will go down to nothing now, worked well with some 32 S&W I was doing. Second, I do 38 S&W on my Dillon, so I'm sure I can find everything to lend you so that you can do your one big batch. Just pm me and we will work it out.
http://www.whyteleatherworks.com/
He needs a U shellplate, an F funnel, and #2 buttons.

I have an F funnel... that's it...

Yeah, I have the stuff for 38/357, the cases wont fit the shell holder.

Springfield,
you are a gentleman and a scholar, PM forthcoming

First off, I can't find the extra small charge bar anywhere on the Dillon site you guys talk about. I took a small powder bar and JB welded up the open area on the end so that it will go down to nothing now, worked well with some 32 S&W I was doing. Second, I do 38 S&W on my Dillon, so I'm sure I can find everything to lend you so that you can do your one big batch. Just pm me and we will work it out.Your fix should work just fine. I bought the Dillon ex-small powder bar for my light loads.
Dillon X-Small Powder Bar
Stock Number: 20780

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23601/catid/3/Dillon_X_Small_Powder_Bar

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment