Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cleaning stainless pins

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

How do you guys clean your stainless pins? My outdoor range tends to get a lot of dirt and sand in the cases, which is now building up in the pins. I thought about maybe using a big magnet and separating the pins from the sand but I don't have one. Another thought was screen but so far what I have tried the pins fall through. Maybe I could put the pins in some pantyhose and squirt them off in the sink?
Just wipe them off one by one it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks, I hope this helps.
Well the pins came through the pantyhose too. I guess I will have to find a big magnet and do it that way.
Well the buildup of sand and grit could have been avoided. From now on I'll just have to make sure to rinse off the cases before wet tumbling them.
You should always rinse your cases well before you tumble. Then use a RCBS media cleaner drum to separate the brass and pins. I also use a large magnet to pick up any loose pins.
Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat
If you use a magnet to collect the pins, use a thin cloth or a plastic bag between the pins and the magnet. It makes it much easier to separate the pins from the magnet!

...especially if you use an old speaker magnet, like I did!


What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Henry S. Haskins in ?Meditations in Wall Street?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment