Thursday, April 25, 2013

Let's stick our hands in molten lead

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

So here is an interesting flick,

as a matter of fact, the most surprising part of this video to me is that I thought water + molten lead = explosion? I've read that even as much as a drop of sweat off a caster's brow could be enough to throw molten lead outwards, so why not here? anyway, fun to watch, ummm don't try this at home?

Sometimes a teacher, always a student.
YIKES!

I have a real problem with that.

If I drop a drop of water on the surface of the melted pot, it will just sizzle and bounce around.

I would not waste a good sausage to test it but I know if I drop a bullet into the melt that is even moderately damp, the steam causes an instant steam explosion.

Can you spell "tinsel"?

Anyone going to waste a good sausage?

.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.

Where is John Galt?

(If you don't know, you owe it to yourself to find out. )
.

Not just no but, no way on earth!
In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton
Well slap my a$$ and call me stupid, but I'm gonna pass on that one!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan
I saw that "Mythbusters" episode. I understand how and why it works. I don't plan to try it. It doesn't explode because the pressure is vented up along the finger. The lead doesn't close up over the water like it does when you drop in a wet bullet.
Flat nose ($8) and conformal ($8.50) nose punches for SAECO- or Lyman/RCBS-style luber/sizers.

Saeco-to-Lyman/RCBS style nose punch adapters ($12)

Free S&H in USA on above items

Die retention nut drivers for Lyman and RCBS lubers. Start the nut straight every time! ($22+$5 S&H, shipping free w/purchase of two nose punches)

Email keiththeperfessor@gmail.com for more info.

A better product at a lower price, its the American way.

Personal checks, MOs, and PayPal accepted.

I saw that "Mythbusters" episode. I understand how and why it works. I don't plan to try it. It doesn't explode because the pressure is vented up along the finger. The lead doesn't close up over the water like it does when you drop in a wet bullet.
Good answer!
First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.

Where is John Galt?

(If you don't know, you owe it to yourself to find out. )
.

Not a chance. Someone needs to write them about the tinsel fairy. Surprised they weren't using at least more protective gear.
I saw that "Mythbusters" episode. I understand how and why it works. I don't plan to try it. It doesn't explode because the pressure is vented up along the finger. The lead doesn't close up over the water like it does when you drop in a wet bullet.They don't call you the perfessor for nothing!
The physics behind that are sound. A steam cushion protects the skin...yada yada yada... same thing as walking on hot coals. Not for me, no thanks.

Think that's nut? Try one of these on for size. Be sure to check out the video.

http://www.sawstop.com/how-it-works/

what I wonder is how many tinsel fairies showed up around the country after this aired after other people tried it?
We've got those Saw stops on the table saws at the local technical school where I sub and we've watched that video. It's pretty amazing. The inventor has a lot of nerve!
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment