Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oddball Loadmaster question/idea

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Does anyone make, or would it be possible, to replace the primer seating punch with a primer pocket swagger of some sort? I decap all of my brass before cleaning, an if there was such a critter, I think it would be helpful. Looking to replace my LM, and it's probably going to become a dedicated decapping machine. Not sure if the priming arm would be strong enough to swag primer pockets, even if one had the correct punch.
I don't think the arm and its pin would stand up to swaging the primer pockets form my experience of swaging pockets on my Rockchucker press.
DLCTEX is right.
IMHO, The LM is a good press, but it reaches it's limits of stress doing FL resizing of 5.56 cases. I reload 5.56 and 7.62 on mine, but cases are deprimed and FL resized prior. I use the first stage with a collet die to ensure neck uniformity at the time of reloading.

Iniustus lex est non lex
Melior morior in vestri pes quam ago in vestri genu
Semper Paratus, Semper Fortis


"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
"Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
ANON

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment