Sunday, April 28, 2013

LS Stuff 45/45/10

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

CobraMan is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMar 2013Posts40

I just ordered a bottle LS Stuff 45/45/10 from the folks here on this site. My question is: Do you use it straight out of the bottle or cut it with something like alcohol? If you cut it what ratio do you use?
Their 45-45-10 should be ready to use. I have always made my own so far. I prefer to warm the lube by putting the bottle in warm water, and leaving my boolits in the sun first.
Straight out of the bottle, and only a very SMALL amount. For the first coat, heat your boolits up and you'll get a better, more even coating. Size 'em, then lube 'em again and load 'em up.

Above Reproach A novel in which a series of mass-shootings coordinated by anti-American officials inside the U.S. government threatens not only the Second Amendment, but the entire Bill of Rights until one armed citizen finds himself with his back against the wall and fights back.
CobraMan is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMar 2013Posts40
Sounds good, THANKS............................................ ...............................
if you have it for a while you will wanna throw some more mineral spirits in it.
adding more changes nothing.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

I keep mine in a plastic squirt-top barbeque sauce bottle. I run it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm it up before I put it in the tub with the bullets. Seems to give me a better coating that way. I haven't been warming the bullets themselves but will probably give that a try as well. It's kinda like Horseradish, a little goes a loooong ways. If you can see it on the bullets you've probably used too much.
definatly heat the boolits up it makes the lube flow over them soooo much better.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

I use an old pie pan on my hot plate. I set the hot plate on low, dump the tumble-lubed boolits into the pan and let it heat just until it starts to fume. Then I pick up the pan using my casting gloves and sloosh the boolits gently around for a couple of minutes to get a more even coating, then set the pan on the cold concrete floor to freeze the lube. In 10 minutes, they're ready either to be sized or loaded.
_________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.
CobraMan is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMar 2013Posts40
Rintinglen: Sounds good, I will use your method, Thanks.
Muddydogs is offline Boolit Man Join DateApr 2012LocationUtahPosts120
Ive warmed my bullets a few times before adding lube and a few times I just added lube to the 68 degree room tempature bullets and I really can't tell a difference so I don't warm them anymore. I do keep my lube in front of the heater vent so it flows easy. The trick of adding a bullet or two to the lube bottle really helps when shaking the bottle to make sure the lube is mixed.
Who made the original 45-45-10?? Recluse?
Didn't even know it was commercially available. I'll definitely try some.

Shiloh

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
Bertrand de Jouvenel

?Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.? ? Joseph P. Martino

?If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.? ? Milton Friedman

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment