I wish I had an experienced caster show me the ropes.
But I don't know one.
I've casted exactly 4 times in the past month.

Things I've learned...

1. Don't trust someone when they tell you they fluxed the lead.

2. Keep skimming the melted lead. - my brand new pot is all crusty & looks like poop - I trusted & got busy & forgot to skim.

3. Lee Liquid Alox is kinda thick. But if it won't come out, (make sure you removed the seal &) use a nail or something to open the spout.
Don't squeeze the bottle too hard, it'll all come out at once.

4. Just a tiny bit of Alox goes a looooonnnngggggg way.

5. If you used too much, mineral spirits will wash it away.

6. If you use mama's baking sheets to dry the lubed boolits, get her a brand new one (before she notices).
Or better yet, tell her you want her to get a new one so she gets EXACTLY the one she wants.

Ya, I know this isn't gonna help the experienced folks.
But maybe some new guy'll read it.