Monday, April 15, 2013

Master Caster

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

RDP is offline Boolit Mold Join DateDec 2011Posts2

Hi All,
I have my order in for a Master Caster and need have some help on optional parts?
1 110 or 220
2 Digital Temperatire Controller
I have 220 in my shop.
Thanks for the help.
Rich
Hi All,
I have my order in for a Master Caster and need have some help on optional parts?
1 110 or 220
2 Digital Temperatire Controller
I have 220 in my shop.
Thanks for the help.
Richif you have 220 in the shop order for that....lower amperage draw for the same watts means smaller conductors....

the digital controller is a pit pricey at $200+ but saves the hassle (albeit small) of setting up your own PID...

wyman

Solvang Shootist
SASS 60905-Life
Frontier Cartridge Black Powder Shooter
the 40 lb pots really don't wander all over the place in temperature.
it take about 9 pounds of alloy to really slush one up.
2 lbs of alloy doesn't even make it flicker.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Lets try this again. My computer gave me the blue screen of death 1/2 way thru my last reply attempt.

If you have 220 in your shop then I would get the pot 220 and then the fan 110.

If I were to do this again I would get the PID setup from MAGMA and then just have to deal with the automation process itself.
Right now my control panel does the temp control and the automation process. Nothing wrong with my setup just that it takes a while to build it up and set it up initially.

I made one with a 60# pot and just built the timer circuts. Back then I had a lot more free time and less extra money. The one I built uses 230 for the heating element 110 for the PID and low voltage DC for everything else.
RDP is offline Boolit Mold Join DateDec 2011Posts2You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment