Monday, April 15, 2013

sprue cutter handle falls off

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

currahee1911 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMay 2012LocationWestlake Village, CAPosts30

Hi,
On my Lee 6 cavity. Should I glue it? Tried wedging, wood very cheap and soft. V. annoying. Any suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
C.
victor3ranger is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateFeb 2013Posts54
Mine is doing the same thing. I took a small hammer and smacked it on the tail end to drive the handle on further to hope it would hold in place, but I thin I am going to drill a small hole close to the metal ring and place a machine screw thru it so it dosen't slip off any more.
I had a wood grip slipping on one of my Lee 2 cavity moulds. I took it off and smeared some JB Weld on it and it never moved again.
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore
yep glue it.
the jb weld works, as does that putty you break a piece off and mash it around.
they help fill in the sloppy too so the handles don't wiggle around.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Silicone caulk does a good job as well. I'm at the point that I pull the handles and caulk them back on before I use them the first time.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment