Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New newbie has a question

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have a S&W mountain gun in 41 mag. I really like shooting a 170 gr SW in it. The problem is the only place I can find that bullet is from Penn Bullets it is a great cast bullet and I can load it hot and do not get any leading but it takes a long time to get an order from him. I looked at Mountain Molds where you can design your own and found that I can get a mold from them. My question is can you just buy the alloy and melt and cast your bullets from that. What would I have to do to get that process to work. I really like an 170 gr in my 4 inch MG. Thanks from some one that has not cast their first bullet.
First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.

Where is John Galt?

(If you don't know, you owe it to yourself to find out. )
.

Yes......and I will help you,if you want to drive to Clarksville.
Welcom to the CastBoolits:
You're gonna to need some stuff. Melting pot and heat source. Electric melting setup w/pot. Some sort of sizer, ie. Lyman, RCBS, Saeco, Lee push through, etc. A place to melt and cast without breathing all of the fumes. And on, and on, and on.
Check out some of the threads on casting. You will find a lot "LOTS" of information here.
eguards
Jack
I have been reading threads on here for a long time and I am still lost. Thats why I hoped I could just buy an alloy from some one like Missouri Bullets and melt it and cast the bullets then size lube, my gun does like .411 sized bullets and does not lead from target loads to melt the barrel loads. Taylor I drove by Clarksville today went down to vist my parents in KY. where I was born and raised, but I just retired last wk. and we are moving to SD the first of May so it would be a long drive from there.I would really like to learn how to cast. I will have a 45 x 50 Morton metal building with a concrete floor to work in.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment