Monday, April 8, 2013

$4.27 Ladle

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Interesting points...........Ummm, I guess we'll see ? ?
The ladle looks good and good job on the design. The only problem I can think of is......Copper has an affinity for Tin, or the other way around. You may find your copper cap slowly dissolving into your melt if your alloy has tin in it. According to a recent and ongoing thread in the alloy section it will "toughen" your bullets. I think I remember that copper "binds" to tin at a rate of between 5 and 7% at +/- 700 degrees (approximate casting temps). I would be curious to know if you experience this.
RickBeing the perpetrator of one of the high copper alloy threads, I was thinking the same thing. Will be interesting to hear if ladle dissolved over time
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment