Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cheap Electronic Scale

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

ACrowe25 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateFeb 2013Posts47

Hey guys,

Looking to pick up a nice cheap electronic scale for weighing my cast bullets, does there one exist? I know you get what you pay for... but is that great of accuracy needed? Not really sure on my price range, but something that won't break the bank and will do it's purpose. Will never use it for power charges, I got a nice beam scale for that, which I trust.

Can anyone recommend me one? Thanks

Cheap and electronic don't go together. Lay out the money for something like w PACT BBKII or DPPS and don't look back. They're made in the US with as many US made parts as possible. I've had all the cheap ones and they weren't repeatable. Even for weighing bullets. I have a DPPS and couldn't be happier.
ACrowe25 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateFeb 2013Posts47
Kinda figured that would be the case, lol. Thanks for the suggestion, i'll look into those. Any others guys?
My first e-scale was $20 from Graf...no offense to graf, but the scale didn't last very long...it was junk !

3 years ago, I bought my second e-scale from Cabelas.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Christmas-Shop/Something-For-Everyone/Gifts-for-Him%7C/pc/106691580/c/106692480/sc/106693380/Cabelas-XT-1500-Digital-Scale/740848.uts
it has worked great for these 3 years and still going strong. it uses a 9 volt battery and lasts quite a while, but also comes with a 120v plug-in transformer.
I highly recommend it.
Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be offering the GC seater plate for the lyman 45.
Also I have replacement springs for the Lyman 45 lubesizer, If your's is weak or missing, let me know
Green Frog is offline Boolit Master Join DateNov 2008Posts674
Depending on your absolute accuracy needs, you might try the MTM electronic units. I never push the envelope with my loads, so a variation of less than 0.1 grains is OK for most of my needs. Price is on the average about $30.

Froggie

I got a Frankford Arsenal from MidwayUSA when it was on sale. It's finicky, but it works. Bulldogger
I got a Frankford Arsenal from MidwayUSA when it was on sale. It's finicky, but it works. BulldoggerI have one of those also When it starts acting wacky & your measurements start shifting Just restart ( Don't just tare again)
" Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington
I've got an inexpensive one I bought 8/10 years ago for $40.00 bucks. Has worked fine since I bought it and it still does, yes it repeats , spot on. Reads out to .000.

I realize most all of the electronic goods brought in from china are no good and high price is the only deciding factor as to quality, thats why the computer your on or the TV you have in your home is produced in china. More than likely your shoes also.

Cheap and electronic don't go together. Lay out the money for something like w PACT BBKII or DPPS and don't look back. They're made in the US with as many US made parts as possible. I've had all the cheap ones and they weren't repeatable. Even for weighing bullets. I have a DPPS and couldn't be happier.+1 I've had a Pack for about 10 years, it's been very dependable.
I bought a cheppy($25) a couple of years ago just for weighting boolits, it sets in a draw unused.
Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
SASS 15704
Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Castaholic is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMay 2012LocationIdahoPosts40
Harbor Freight has some for cheap. I use it for exactly what you are describing. I have had this one for about 2 years.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gram-digital-scale-97920.html

....is produced in china. More than likely your shoes also.ummm, Guatemala !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be offering the GC seater plate for the lyman 45.
Also I have replacement springs for the Lyman 45 lubesizer, If your's is weak or missing, let me know
I have been using an AWS digital jewelry scale for about 7 years now and it is still "dead on" with my balance beam scales. They are available on fleabay for $10/free shipping. This little scale measures in grams up a 1,000, ounces up to 35.27, pennyweight up to 643.1 and ounces up to 32.15. 10 year warranty. It's been a great bang for my buck.....but then I'm pretty cheap on some things for sure.
314th Air Divsion
20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
JAKE FACS
RVN '68-'69
up "Close" and personal "Air Support"
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment