Sunday, April 7, 2013

New Accurate Molds 36-170 (variation on 358429 theme)

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Here is the new Accurate Molds model 36-170J that Tom just drew up for me. It is a variation on the 358429 style designed for my old S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman long-action revolvers made in the '40s. These 170 grain bullets will be a bit long for the short-cylinder S&W Model 27 and 28 guns if crimped in the groove ! I will play awhile before I get a 4-cavity version !

I will post bullet photos next week to compare this to some of the Group Buy versions that were run.

Jerry

Last edited by GLL; Yesterday at 02:22 PM.
S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator
hamour is offline Boolit Master Join DateApr 2009Posts180
Jerry, what is the difference from the NOE versin of the Keith bullet?

Thanks

Hank

if there is one I would bet it is the nose is slightly differently shaped.
Gerry's looks super strong.
i'd also bet it would feed pretty well in a lever gun.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Nice looking mold. Nice looking boolit. That would fit nicely in my GP100. I have a 358429 from the eighties that my gun likes.
OK. . .it's a longer nose than Tom's 36-170K, which I've been assuming to be a straight clone of the original 358429 Keith.

I'm guessing you're doing this to take more lead forward of the mouth of a .38 case to make room for powder?

WWJMBD?

I like my science WEIRD.

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment